If you would like to set up email in your operating system, please see
http://help.1and1.com/e-mail-c37589 for step by step instructions, including screenshots.
To begin please choose the Email Software program you use, ie., Microsoft Exchange, Outlook or another email program.
- POP3 - Choose POP3 if you will use only one computer for your email, use IMAP if you will check your email on multiple computers.
- Anti-virus - enabled by default.
- Mail Server - Incoming server (POP) pop.1and1.com, Incoming server (IMAP) imap.1and1.com
- Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.1and1.com . For outgoing server you should change the port from 25 to 587 if you have difficulties sending email.
- SMTP - You will need to activate SMTP authentication. Please do not use the Secure Password Authentication (SPA). You can use SSL for securing incoming and outgoing connections.